FVC’s policies to safeguard patients and staff while in our clinic.
Prior to your appointment one of our staff members will call to confirm your appointment, collect insurance information and update your medical and ocular history. Why do we do this? The care process has been streamlined to minimize the time you’ll spend if our office with our staff and limit any possible COVID-19 exposure for those who may remain symptomless.
- You will be asked to wear and bring your own mask to your appointment. Only you, the patient, will be allowed at the exam unless you are a minor and then one parent may accompany the minor. You will wash your hands upon entering the clinic and your temperature will be taken.
- FVC has installed clear plastic barriers for your protection as well as our staff. All staff will be wearing masks and check their temperature daily.
- All surfaces and equipment will be disinfected after every patient encounter as well as throughout the day. We have adjusted our clinic hours to meet CDC, Mn Department of Health and MOA guidelines.
- FVC doctor schedules have been adjusted to spread out patient arrival times and thus further minimize the number of people in the office at one time.
- Our staff will be monitoring the number of patients in our office. If at any time the number reaches a point where social distancing is not attainable, we may ask you to wait in your car until it is safe to enter the clinic.
- If you are in a high-risk group, please let our staff know so we can accommodate your needs.
- Your safety and the safety of our staff is top priority for us during this COVID-19 health crisis and we will maintain a safe environment and look forward to serving you.
During the recommended social distancing and COVID-19 health crisis, your safety and that of our staff is our priority. Here at Family Vision Clinic we’ve implemented a simple, user-friendly and fully HIPPA compliant program which enables patients to meet with our doctors.
We will be seeing patients very soon in our office for routine eye exams, urgent and emergent eye care. If you’re high risk or simply would prefer a virtual telehealth visit for urgent eye conditions, we are here for you. We are committed to helping our medical community by offering you care in our office, or at home, and keeping you out of the emergency department.
Patients may schedule virtual visits by emailing the clinic (email@example.com) or calling the clinic directly at 952-895-5434.
STAFFING PHONES: Telehealth phone hours of operation are from 9AM – 4PM Mon-Fri. Members of our front office and clinical teams will be available to you.
Facts about Virtual Visits with Family Vision Clinic:
- See your doctor from anywhere: Just click their personalized room link to join them for a video call. We will email this link to you; you click on it and then you’re in our virtual waiting room. It’s that easy.
- No downloads or accounts: No need to download software or create an account. Just use a browser on a computer or device with a camera and microphone. Once you have requested a virtual visit, our front desk staff will call you, collect any needed information, answer any questions you might have, and provide you with a private link to your chosen physician’s personalized room.
- Private and secure: All data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored. We adhere to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy requirements.